The Corporate Report 2013: WEG Electric Corp.
EP Editorial Staff | December 19, 2013
Founded in 1961, WEG has grown into a global solutions provider of industrial electrical technologies. WEG is the largest industrial electric motor manufacturer in the Americas and one of the largest manufacturers of electric motors in the world—producing more than 10 million units annually.
Committed to growth on a global scale, WEG continually invests in state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and processes, and the development of new and improved industrial electrical solutions. WEG offers a diverse and integrated product line that includes motors, drives, controls, transformers and generators. WEG has committed to an R&D investment of 3% of annual global sales.
Severe Duty is Standard with WEG
With WEG, you do not need a special motor for severe duty. Note these features, capabilities, ratings and certifications:
- All NEMA Premium ratings have a 1.25 service factor (up to 100 HP) resulting in cooler operation and extended life of the motor
- All Cast Iron Construction, including Terminal Box and Fan Cover
- Solid feet for reduced vibration levels and impact absorption
- Optimized ventilation system for cooler operation and extended life
- High Grade FC200 cast iron provides superior mechanical strength and heat dissipation
- All WEG W22 motors are totally enclosed, fan-cooled units with a true IP55 rating against dust and moisture
- Exclusive W-Seal 364T and larger provides superior bearing protection
- Taconite labyrinth seal 586 Frame and larger
- Exclusive WEG painting system exceeds 200hrs ASTM 117 corrosion test (exceeds IEEE841 standard)
- Balanced to 0.08 inches per second vibration limits (meets IEEE841 standard)
- Four-bolt conduit cover with glued Neoprene gasket
- Impregnation resin and magnet wire are insulation class H
- Stainless steel nameplate, laser-edged with high contrast background
- Corrosion-proof drains
- Inverter Duty per NEMA MG1, Part 31
Control up to 6 pumps dynamically alt-ernated and controlled. Pump Genius process control software is designed to reduce system operation and maintenance costs, while increasing process accuracy and protection. The software provides multiple-pump control and protection, as well as system monitoring and protection.
Pump Genius can be applied to any system that requires constant flow or pressure. Pump Genius software works with the CFW11 drive to control sys-
tem processes. The software monitors system pressure or flow and manages pumping requirements.
WEG Electric Corp.
6655 Sugarloaf Parkway
Duluth, GA 30097