Emerson Process Innovation Center Open House
EP Editorial Staff | February 3, 2014
An international gathering of media and dignitaries (including yours truly) witnessed the grand opening of Emerson Process Management’s Emerson Innovation Center – Process Systems and Solutions in Round Rock, Texas, near Austin on Jan. 30. Dignitaries at the grand opening included Texas Governor Rick Perry and Dell CEO Michael Dell.
This 282,000-square-foot, nearly $70 million facility is the global headquarters for Emerson’s automation systems and project services business, which helps customers safely, reliably and profitably operate facilities in industries such as oil and gas, refining, chemicals, power, life sciences, food and beverages, and metals and mining.
This new Emerson Innovation Center is the third globally. The Emerson Innovation Center in Marshalltown, Iowa, develops and tests flow control applications and technologies, replicating real-world conditions no other test or R&D facility in the world can match. The company’s Emerson Innovation Center in Pune, India focuses on world-class software application development.
The Emerson Innovation Center in Austin is comprised of several world-class disciplines under one roof:
- A technology and product design and support center, providing engineering and development for the company’s DeltaV digital automation system and DeltaV SIS Safety System.
- The first-ever Emerson Integrated Operations (iOps) Center where customers can explore new ways of managing remote operations and of enabling easier collaboration by experts located anywhere in the world.
- Emerson Process Management’s Human Centered Design Institute, a consulting and engineering practice that drives usability-based design into all products Emerson Process Management designs and manufactures.
- A world-class interoperability and testing lab in which Emerson tests both its own products as well as competitors to ensure safe, reliable and robust operation.
- The Life Sciences Industry Center that provides consulting, engineering and project management expertise to support pharmaceutical and biotechnology customers.
- Educational Services where more than 2,500 customer personnel gain product, technology, and operational skills on the latest technologies.
- The company’s Project Management Office (PMO) that aligns and integrates the company’s best practices, processes, systems and metrics for global project execution.
“No other facility in the world can do what our new Emerson Innovation Center can do,” said Jim Nyquist, president of process systems and solutions for Emerson Process Management. “We have the brightest minds in the industry developing world class automation technologies and collaborating with customers to imagine, plan and execute their vision of future operations to deliver breakthrough performance.”