The Fundamentals: Fundamental Solutions
Kathy | July 1, 2008
New Line Of High-Performance Specialty Chemicals
Klein Tools has introduced a new line of highperformance specialty chemicals including, among other things:
- Multi-Purpose Penetrant Lubricant – For use on screws, tools, motors, hinges, bearings, gears, relays, starters and generators, it penetrates through rust and corrosion and quickly loosens frozen nuts and bolts to ensure free and easy movement. Its residual anti-corrosive film leaves treated surfaces protected, while moisture is displaced in wet electrical systems to create a waterproof film that inhibits corrosion and electrical discharge. The all-purpose, non-flammable, non-conductive, and non-chlorinated spray features a 39,000 volt dielectric strength, and is safe around most plastic and paint.
- Dielectric Silicone Grease – This translucent white, grease-like silicone paste maintains flexibility of natural and synthetic rubbers, vinyls, plastics, rubber or plastic O-rings. Its moisture-proof seal suits aircraft, automotive and marine ignition systems and spark plug connections, waterproof electrical connections, electrical assemblies and terminals. The automatic dispensing can and nozzle allow for even and uniform application to eliminate waste, mess and lumps.
- Clear RTV Silicone Adhesive – Available in a low-odor and a general-purpose formulation, this clear RTV silicone adhesive is packaged in an automatic dispensing can with nozzle. The adhesive’s gel-like, single component material cures to a rubbery solid when exposed to moisture in the air. Resistant to ultraviolet light, it will not sag, slump or run off, and adheres to metal, glass, most types of oily wood, vulcanized silicone rubber, silicone resins, natural and synthetic fibers, ceramic, paper and many painted or plastic surfaces.
- Electrical Cable and Equipment Cleaner – Effective on circuit boards, controls, switches and relays, this nonflammable, non-conductive, non-carcinogenic cleaner evaporates quickly without leaving residue. For use in cleaning oxidation, dust and light oils from electrical equipment, it won’t corrode metals or degrade plastics.
- Firestop Caulk – Its cured red silicone rubber composition provides excellent performance stability and a pressure- tight seal that prevents the spread of fire, smoke and toxic gases through service penetrations. A patented char composite contains graphite, which expands when exposed to temperatures in excess of 300 F (150 C). The cartridge fits manual or air-operated caulking guns and is suitable for AB/PVC, flexible foam insulated copper pipe, PEX process and supply tubing penetrations, metallic pipe and electrical cable penetrations.
New Wrench Kit Helps Save Time And Knuckles
Lowell Corporation’s new 511X Wrench Kit gives workers greater freedom and leverage in tight spots while reducing the risk of injuries. Designed for rugged applications typically found in plant maintenance, repair, operation and production as well as construction and pipeline work, this new kit incorporates Lowell’s Model 51QR ratchet handle and five, hexagonal deep well sockets (7/8″, 15/16″, 1 1/16″, 1 1/8″ and 1 1/4″). All components are packaged in a heavy-duty molded plastic case.
Each socket is 3 1/2″ long, giving workers an extended reach so that the wrench handle is able to clear many common obstacles. This extra clearance not only reduces the risk of injury, but also gives workers a wider swing. For additional flexibility and utility, the wrench handle incorporates Lowell’s unique Bolt-Thru design. This feature allows bolts to pass entirely through the arm head so that nuts can be secured on any threaded length.
These tools are built for hard use in a variety of applications, including those associated with mechanical joints, restraints, couplings, sleeves, repair clamps, saddles and flange bolts, among others. While the sockets are held securely in the handle with a sure-locking dead bolt, their quick-release feature allows users to quickly change them out with just the flick of a thumb.
Like all of the company’s products, the machined steel sockets and cast iron handle in the 511X Kit are guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from date of delivery.