Industry Outlook: Maximizing Manufacturer Productivity
EP Editorial Staff | August 16, 2010
Organizations across the industrial landscape rely on ExxonMobil’s Mobil-branded industrial lubricants to maximize their productivity and ensure equipment runs smoothly. For example, through our extensive Equipment Builder Group, we work side-by-side with customers and the world’s leading equipment manufacturers to engineer high-performance greases, cutting and hydraulic fluids and gear and slide-way oils that not only meet, but in many cases exceed, the requirements of today’s advanced machinery.
By leveraging our exceptional application-specific expertise and close partnerships with leading OEMs, we continue to set new benchmarks in lubrication excellence, helping customers realize benefits such as:
- Enhanced energy efficiency
- Optimized lubricant consumption
- Reduced equipment downtime
- Minimized maintenance costs
and, most importantly,
- Higher productivity
With our legacy of developing high-performance lubricants that enable equipment to operate under some of the most extreme conditions, it’s no surprise that Mobil-branded oils and greases are used extensively in nearly every type of manufacturing application and machinery on the planet. As a pioneer in synthetic lubricant technology, we are proud to know that every day, around the globe, companies rely on our Mobil SHC brand of synthetic industrial lubricants, to deliver exceptional protection for equipment operating in the most challenging environments. From power generation to general manufacturing, forest products to cement, steel to construction, companies in nearly every industry utilize and benefit from the performance benefits that our Mobil SHC lubricants deliver—helping to ensure trouble-free operation.
Along with our Mobil SHC family of lubricants, ExxonMobil offers a series of high-performance hydraulic oils designed specifically to handle the lubrication requirements of both industrial and mobile high-pressure hydraulic systems. Well-suited for countless applications, our latest generation of hydraulic oils exceed major industry specifications, deliver keep-clean performance, long-life and durability, and potential energy-efficiency benefits. In addition to developing and supplying premium lubricants, however, we also offer a wide range of aftermarket services that provide companies with dedicated, hands-on support to better manage their equipment maintenance needs.
For instance, technical experts from our Field Engineering Services (FES) team are available to work closely with end-user companies and empower them with invaluable, authoritative advice on best-in-class lubrication and maintenance practices. Our proprietary online oil analysis program—which allows end-users to easily expand their predictive maintenance programs and closely track equipment reliability—is yet another example our company’s commitment to strong customer-support.
Industries recovering from the recent downturn are finding themselves in an extremely competitive environment (i.e. a tough, continuously evolving global marketplace). Reliability, safety, efficiency and sustainability are more important than ever to these industries. At every step of the way, successful companies are looking to the products and services of ExxonMobil—as they have for more than 100 years—to help them meet their most significant challenges and maximize their productivity. MT
For more info, enter 4 at www.MT-freeinfo.com
- Jay A. Burnette, Vice President, Sales & Engineering, Waukesha Bearings Corporation
- Terry Buzbee, President, Emerson Process Management, Fisher Division
- Brian Gleason, President, Des-Case Corporation
- Mike Hawkins, Global Brand Manager, Mobil SHC Brand, ExxonMobil Lubricants & Specialties
- Barbara Hulit, President, Fluke Corporation
- Poul Jeppesen, President and CEO, SKF USA Inc.
- Tony Martell, Vice President and General Manager, Aftermarket Business Unit, NSK
- Brian O’Donnell, President & CEO, A. W. Chesterton
- Brian Palmer, CEO, Measurement and Control Solutions, GE Energy
- Michael A. Pulick, President, Grainger U.S.
- Enrique Santacana, President and CEO, ABB Inc.
- Steven J. Smidler, President, Kaman Industrial Technologies Corporation
- Andrew Teich, President, Commercial Systems, FLIR Systems, Inc.