EP Editorial Staff | August 19, 2013
Cooling Tower Duty Motors
Nidec has announced that it’s now stocking some of its most popular Cooling Tower Duty motors and significantly reducing replacement time for end-users with critical applications. According to the company, with cooling towers so crucial to the uptime of a variety of operations, including hospitals, industrial facilities and office buildings, among others, the ability to replace cooling tower motors within 24 hours is key. Nidec’s distribution centers in Southaven, MS, and Chino, CA, can quickly supply the following units from stock:
- TEAO Ratings
- 5-50 HP
- 1800 RPM only
- W8 assembly with Inpro/Seal Bearing Isolator
- TEFC Ratings
- 3-40 HP
- 1800 RPM only
- F2 assembly with Inpro/Seal Bearing Isolator on both ends
Nidec Motor Corp.
St. Louis, MO
High-Efficiency, Wastewater-Treatment Mixers
According to their manufacturer, combining the Chemineer® Model 20 HT/GT mixer with the Chemineer RL-3™ impeller creates a mixer that’s well suited for wastewater treatment. The high-efficiency gearbox of the Model 20 and the unique characteristics of the RL-3 impeller work together to eliminate downtime and maintenance costs, increase performance and extend the service life of the agitator.
- The Model 20 HT/GT mixers feature a modular design package that reduces the number of replacement parts a user must inventory. The wide range of available speeds provides improved process control and greater application versatility.
- The RL-3 ragless impeller, which easily retrofits to all brands of agitators, is designed to prevent fibrous material build-up on the rotating impeller of the agitator that can deteriorate performance, increase energy costs and even damage gearbox bearings and gears, leading to costly repairs.
Oil-Free Chain Cuts Downtime And Maintenance Costs
U.S. Tsubaki’s Lambda Chain delivers strong, reliable, clean operation without the need for additional lubrication. Suitable applications include packaging, food processing and any others that need to be lube-free, or where manual lubrication is difficult or unfeasible. Since no lubrication is required, downtime and maintenance costs are reduced. According to the company, additional features and benefits include:
- Oil-impregnated bushings that minimize chain elongation.
- The ability to perform in temperatures up to 302 F.
- Smooth roller engagement that reduces sprocket wear and replacement costs.
Lambda Chain is available in both drive and conveyor (with attachments) styles, with the same maximum allowable loads as U.S. Tsubaki’s standard chains.
U.S. Tsubaki Power Transmission LLC